Titanum Leaf Cuttings

  • Subject: Titanum Leaf Cuttings
  • From: "WEAVER,BILL (HP-USA,ex3)" <bill_weaver@hp.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:26:34 -0500 (CDT)

 One more note on the leaf cutting story. I took two cuttings from my
 about 6 months ago. Each cutting was a single leaflet about 8 inches long
 and about 4 inches wide. They were each treated with a different rooting
 compound and put into a seedling mix. (fine pearlite/vermiculite/sand)
 The potted cuttings were put into a sealed plastic bag and placed under
 fluorescent light. Both cuttings still appear to be alive, but I do not
 plan to dig them up to see if I have bulbils or just roots until the
 dies back.
 On another note, the Suran (A. paeoniifolius) I bought at the local Indian
 mart last August have both sprouted. One is about 6 feet tall with a two
 (and growing) leaf spread. The other one I put outside when it started to
 and it is about 2 feet tall and is just starting to unfurl.
 They both have one problem though, there is a fungus growing in the pots as
 well. It produces bright yellow fruiting bodies (toadstools) and I have
 unsuccessful in stopping it. I have tried a Benomyl drench, but that just
 to control the growth on the top of the pot leaving it to sprout out the
 holes. Any ideas on how to stop this thing?
 Bill Weaver