Re: Titanum Leaf Cuttings/ Fungus

  • Subject: Re: Titanum Leaf Cuttings/ Fungus
  • From: Scott Hyndman <hyndman@aroid.org>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 23:05:11 -0500 (CDT)

Dan and Bill,

Your similar fungi sound as if they are just a saprophytic (as opposed to
parasitic) species that are probably just growing off of the decomposing
potting medium.  I have especially seen this fungus, i.e. the fruiting
bodies, on soil mixes containing composted bark.  The Terraclor probably
would control it, but not eradicate it.  Apart from the unappealing toad
stools, the fungus is probably not affecting your plants.

Scott Hyndman,
Research Greenhouse Manager
2001 South Rock Road
Fort Pierce, FL  34945