Aroids in Brazil and Argentina

  • Subject: Aroids in Brazil and Argentina
  • From: Arno King <arnoking@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:42:35 -0500 (CDT)

Currently Aerolineas Argentinas and Lan Chile Airlines
are offfering very low rates on trips to South America
from Australia. I have taken the plunge and will be
spending 2 weeks in Buenos Aires and 2 weeks in Rio de
Janeiro during October.

I visited these cities 11 years ago and had a great
time. I have friends in both cities and am looking
forward to dancing tango and Samba Gafeira in the
clubs there.

However I'm very keen to know of any aroid growers,
nurseries, gardens or places to visit to see my
favourite plants.

I am also keen to know if it is still possible to
visit Roberto Burle-Marx's Sitio at Angro dos Reis. I
had the good fortune to visit the garden and being
hosted by the man himself on my last visit. I would
like to visit again as I think you could spend days
there and still find something new.

Does anyone on the list have suggestions?

Thanks

Arno

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

=====