Beauty conetst parting comment

  • Subject: Beauty conetst parting comment
  • From: Durightmm@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:36:53 -0500 (CDT)

The  Aroid Beauty Contest in reality was a nonscientific survey to learn the preferences of we growers.  It revealed both strengths and weaknesses that was a great surprise.  In this time of dwindling resourcres for new materials  we must turn to our own collections and breeding to overcome this shortfall.  After the results are posted you are encouraged to revciew your own and compare it to the findings with a goal of working to breach the gaps.   Because of personal reasons I will not be able to  officiate it's conclusion.  I want to thank all who participated and commend you for your choices.  The voluminous material has been sent to Scott Hyman who will post his intentions.  Good growing to all.   Joe Wright