Thanks!! and a question.

  • Subject: Thanks!! and a question.
  • From: "MJ Hatfield" <mjhatfield@oneota.org>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:17:09 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks to everyone for making the Extravaganza so much fun.
However, not one of you made any attempt to restrain me from
buying plants!

I do wish I'd known who all was in attendance as I'm now reading
messages from folks who attended that I didn't get a chance to meet.
I'm sorry, I really would have liked to have met you.

Now to the question - Yesterday I spent a delightful 7 hours
touring Chicago's O'Hare Airport, arriving back in Iowa late in the
day, without my luggage, without my plants. The plants/luggage
arrived an hour ago and all was in pretty good shape. However, a few
Amorph. cf. thaiensis petioles were snapped off. (There were about
7 young plants in the pot so I assume these were babies. One other plant,
same species, was large) I've just re-read the archives and am unsure
what to do.

I will try cuttings of the petioles but should I patiently wait
for the tubers to resprout, or should I unpot them and take a look.
I hate disturbing the roots if a new shoot "might" appear. But I
worry about continuing to water if the remains of a tuber will turn to mush.