Hello everybody,  My name is Michael Mattlage and I'm relatively new to growing aroids although I've had a passion for them my entire life.  I'm 29 years old and live in the upstate of South Carolina (zone 7b).  I have a small, 10'x12' greenhouse where I grow most of my plants, but, since Ive caught the "aroid fever" I have outgrown this and am now setting up an aroid room in my house.  I also grow alot of Colocasias, Xanthosomas and Alocasias in beds in my yard.  My main interests are in the tropical genera of Araceae, with a special love of the Neotropical ones.  I like anything rare and unusual (which usually means hard to get and expensive), and would like to eventually be able to collect in the wild one day.
   I will be in Miami for the show in September (my first), and look forward to meeting everyone...