Re: [aroid-l] Pycnospatha arietina

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Pycnospatha arietina
  • From: "Peter C Boyce" levieux.jardin@wanadoo.fr
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 08:29:47 +0200

Hi Nancy

In the wild plants from the monsoonal east are smaller in all their
vegetative dimensions and the leaf divisions are finer and, well, more
divided. The largest plants I have seen from th east are a shade under 1.5
metres tall in mature leaf.

Plants from the per-humid south are very robust -  I have seen them with
leaves to 3 metres tall with a blade 1.5 metres in diameter. I known that
Wilbert has plants from the south and I am pretty sure that he also has
plants from the east, perhaps he could comment whether these size and leaf
division observations from the wild remain stable, or not, in cultivation.

Hope this is if interest