Re: [aroid-l] Anthurium insigne info

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Anthurium insigne info
  • From: Aroideae@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:29:49 EDT

hi adam,
       i know that anth. insigne occurs on the W slopes of the Andes in
Ecuador, and seems to be a good grower....not terribly 'picky'.  i grow mine in a
loose medium for epiphytes and keep it moist, not wet, throughout the year.
i've seen it growing as a terrestrial and an epiphyte but it is usually
epiphytic.  as is usual in these areas, "terrestrial" means growing in the loose
forest litter.  its inflorescence is extremely fragrant and rather dark
yellow.....the lovely fragrance fills the greenhouse for several days!  hopefully,
someone else can give you some idea of the range of this species.

lynn