Re: [aroid-l] Selloum/Bipinnatifidum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Selloum/Bipinnatifidum
  • From: "Derek Burch" derek@horticulturist.com
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 03:37:22 -0400

Dear Julius,
The Living Rainforest is in Berkshire about 40 miles west of London, and
is where I am now. We will be doing a house swap in Dorset for the whole
of August, so if you could make your way across there would be a bed and
a warm welcome for you, plus my service as a chauffeur on the 'smelling
test'.
This is an old collection (you may remember reading about it in a
newsletter a year or so back) with huge plants in great shape of many
aroids, Myles Challis, the curator, spoke to you about some of his
material and I think that you helped out with cultural instructions on
some of the emergent semi-aquatic types.
The offer of a bed is a serious one, although I realise that it is not
an easy one to take up. See you in September when I get back, failing
that.Best wishes, Derek