Re: [aroid-l] Bognera recondita??

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Bognera recondita??
  • From: Mattlagem@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:07:47 EDT

  Julius, a plain Jane 'type' aroid that resembles a 'dull green
Spathiphyllum with a nondescript bloom' can be a beauty in some eyes, right ? ;)  An odd
monotype that is considered related to Dieffenbachia, found in the remotest
parts of Western Amazonia, and reportedly hard to cultivate!  Thats just part of
the reason why these 'boring' little aroids interest us.
  I do have a special interest in the Neotropical Aroids though.  The S.A
Homalomenas and Schismattoglottis Really fascinate me, although most of those are
hard to get and grow as well.  Alloschemone, should I go any further..?
  Well I am upset I missed Eduardo's slide lecture last year.  I was at the
show/sale but couldnt make it to the night's events.  I would have killed to
see Bognera growing in the wild like that!  Plus to hear and see the details of
trips to the field... Will Eduardo be at this years show?(I know he wont be
speaking, but perhaps just there?)
Thanks so much for your advice,  Michael Mattlage