Re: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus
  • From: "brian williams" pugturd50@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:19:54 -0500

Dear Julius

Glad to see you keeping the aroid-L active. About two years ago I ordered Bulbifers from India. When I got them and started to grow them they all seemed to have different stem patterns. The ones I have seen in florida and everywhere else seemed to be the same as a few from India were this form. But the others I have and have bloomed have very different stems from black with bronze spots to very light green spots. I had one bloom just recently and it did not exactly stink. It smelled a bit like a old banana or old fruit. Kinda pleasent for a amorpho.