Re: [aroid-l] A. konjac questions

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] A. konjac questions
  • From: MossyTrail@cs.com
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 08:22:14 -0400

Rand Nicholson <writserv@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

>Charles:
I wonder if, under natural conditions, it comes from a climate that will permit blooming at almost any time.

I can speak from firsthand knowledge that, in one particular planting I know of in Thailand, all are right now in leaf -- some with leaves full height but still folded, some with short, full-open leaves, and some full height and full-open.  Whether this synchrony occurs in the wild, I do not know.
Jason Hernandez
Naturalist-at-Large