[aroid-l] Amorpho. decus-silvae

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Amorpho. decus-silvae
  • From: Dan Levin <levin@pixar.com>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 16:02:03 -0700

I was able to obtain a few small-ish tubers of the Javan. species
Amorpho. decus-silvae / Backer & Alderw. a few years back.
The tubers originated from a small batch of seedlings grown by
the renowned Amorphous Archangel of Alva, John Banta; who
passed all of his plants along to various others years ago.

My largest plant has grown very quickly and much to my shock/
surprise is currently in bloom from a tuber approx. 30cm diameter.
Is anyone else growing this species?
If so- might you have a specimen currently in or approaching bloom?

I would very much like to find my plant a conspecific date for fun
times and propagative, seed-setting delights.  Will Fed-Ex nasty
bits to the right genotype for a share of any progeny.
Please respond off list, discretion assured.

Thanks!

 -Dan