Re: [aroid-l] amorphophallus titanum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] amorphophallus titanum
  • From: "hyndman" <hyndman@aroid.org>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:24:43 -0400

Although it is not clear from the information that I have seen so far as to
the origin of the plant, i.e. is it from seed or from a collected tuber, the
Amorphophallus titanum at the Bonn Botanic Garden per http://www.botanik.uni-
bonn.de/botgart/amorpho2003e.html (there is an annoying refresh bug in the
page code that will take you very quickly to their home page) was 78 Kg
(approximately 172 pounds) just before it bloomed last year.  They have an
image of the tuber repotting at http://www.botanik.uni-

Good luck and keep us posted on the blooming.

Regards,  Scott

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:32:09 -0400, David Ruland wrote