[aroid-l] Colocasia hybrids

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Colocasia hybrids
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:42:48 -0400

I am looking to do more work with crossing colocasias. I have been having a hard time working with them as they seem to produce little pollen and I am not to familiar with the exact time to pollenate them or if the ones I have been trying to cross will produce seed or if they are sterile. Does anyone know of some forms that have been known to produce seed? I have never had seed and have attempted over 50 crosses. Which plants should I be working with to make seed?

which of these would be sterile or viable? Or does anyone know ? If anyone has a form that is known for producing I would like to see pics of it. How large would berries be? THANKS

affinis jenningsii form 1 big dipper black magic black runner blue green form
chicago halriquin common bulb form green
dark stem cupped upright shinny leaf
ele ele
fontanesii gigantea
green form runner