Re: [Aroid-l] hard mickey mouse taro

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] hard mickey mouse taro
  • From: "Peter Matthews" pjm@gol.com
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:30:16 +0900
  • Bounce-to: "Peter Matthews"

Dear Jeff,

Sounds like a case of deep running stolons - possible squeezing out
through a hole or holes in the bottom of your pots, and then breaking
off when you lifted them out. Playing tricks on you.

With enough depth, stolons with well-developed nodes might survive a

Assorted taros refers to exactly what? And what is your latitude
approximately? (Sorry, I am not familiar with the American zone system,
being extra-terrestial, so-to-speak).

Cheers, Peter (in Japan - where taro grows to 41 degrees North).

On 16/7/2005, "Jeff Rosenstiel" <jjjj4@comcast.net> wrote:

>Question, I have a spot in my yard where I was growing asst taro's last year. They were growing in pots set in the gound in the shade there, and then took inside for the winter,
>Well this year in this spot there is mickey mouse taro's coming up from last year!
>Just growing out from the ground.
>Now I live in zone 4-5 here and was wondering if any one else has had them winter over? it got down to least 20 below here this past winter, and the frost was deep due to the lack of snow last year.
>This year I had put them in another spot with more sun, So I know there is no way they traveled over the woods and across the road to make it back over to the same spot.
>Thought it was interesting, and would be cool if they were hardy up this far. Will have to see if they make it over another winter?

Aroid-l mailing list