Re: [Aroid-l] Cyrto. merkussi/Fairchild

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Cyrto. merkussi/Fairchild
  • From: "Steve Lucas Exotic Rainforest" steve@exoticrainforest.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:49:16 -0500

If you're refering to the plant with the pink "berries" it is Medinilla magnifica.  And its not a ginger.  You can find it on my site at:

It's easy to grow from a cutting so if you can find a plant near you just get a piece with the woody stem and plant it.  It loves to stay damp but not soaking wet.  The plant will normally produce the berries in its second year.  Mine now has quite a few clumps.  If not, send me a note and I'll try to mail you a cutting.  Sorry, I don't have a large enough specimen to send everyone a cutting!

Steve Lucas