Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 10:52 AM
Subject: [Aroid-l] Copyright

First, please understand that I am NOT a lawyer. I am assuming that others who have opinions on this and contribute to this list are also not lawyers. Why that is important is that if you are not a lawyer, your opinion weighs in a lot less, especially if you are attempting to offer legal advice. At the very least, your opinion carries no weight. Worse, you might lead someone astray if they try to follow your advice. Worst of all, you may run afoul of laws about practicing law without a license. Just keep in mind where you stand.

Second, understand that Steve is right about what a copyright allows you to do. It allows you to bring a court action. It does not mean you are going to win. It also does not mean you will be able to collect even if you do. This is just one of those hard things you need to know these days.