[Aroid-l] Seeds of Typhonium (Sauromatum) brevipe or gaoligongense

Dear Members,
         If anyone has seeds of either, or both, of the above named
Typhonium species, or knows of someone who might, please get in touch with
me.  The seeds can be fresh or taken from a dry herbarium specimen and can
be up to 75 years old.
         They are needed to confirm chemical relationships in this part of
the genus Typhonium.  In 2000 in an article in Aroideana, Hetterscheid and
Boyce transferred these two species from Sauromatum to Typhonium while
presenting evidence for the move.  They also presented evidence that these
species along with a small group of other Typhoniums are different --- that
Typhonium is paraphyletic.
         My chemical evidence supports this grouping except that I have
never been able to find any seeds of the two above mentioned species to
ascertain that this same chemical difference exists throughout the entire
small group.
         Please help if you can, otherwise I must just make an assumption
that they do in fact behave as their co-species, as reported by
Hetterscheid and Boyce.

Vic

Victor G. Soukup PhD
Herbarium