[Aroid-l] Pollination in KY

I went into one of the greenhouses today and saw that some large birdsnest Anthuriums were in flower today. I then noticed they were completely covered in ants. I figure they were after the sugary sap that the flowers produce but at the time never really saw any sap. I then noticed them on another flower with pollen dropping. I took some close up photos to try and see exactly what they were after. I thought I would share with the group.

JPEG image

JPEG image