Re: [Aroid-l] Discussion of Aroids, Philodendron andreanum

Hi y'all,
I have had that same thing happen. I had the same thing happen a couple of times and like Sheldon said, increasing water took care of the problem.  I suppose super-saturation gave the cells in the new leaf the extra push they needed.  ( ? )

Dear All,

Growing successfully a wide range of rare Philodendrons, I have problems with P. andreanum. They are very strong growers under good conditions in greenhouse culture. But each new leave gets stuck in the bud.  Then it rips and opens up deformed (often the leafstalk breaks through the leafblade). Does anybody have an advice, how to get out of that problem?  Thank You in advance   And Good Growing        Helmut