Re: Pseudodracontium lacourii ID?

  • Subject: Re: Pseudodracontium lacourii ID?
  • From: vorlonken@comcast.net (Ken Mosher)
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 06:31:59 +0000

Nope!  I won't guess at what you have, but I'll hazard a good guess it's not a Pseudodracontium.  As far as I know those all (mostly) flower while in leaf, not before like Amorphophallus.

I also think it's not Am. obscurus.  Those have tiny inflorescences like yours but the spadix on those is long and skinny, not like yours.  The spathe also looks different.  Now maybe one of the experts will tell me that obscurus is quite variable?

I await a positive ID from Wilbert or Alan or Ron...

-Ken

From: Riley2362@aol.com