Best sources for an amorphophallus paeonifolius?

  • Subject: Best sources for an amorphophallus paeonifolius?
  • From: David <onimua@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 00:39:31 -0400

I've been searching for places to get a hold of an amorphophallus paeonifolius. I am in South Florida, so I'm pretty sure my zone will be fine for it. So far the places I've found are mostly overseas, charging a high price for a particularly small tuber. Aside from that, I'm also trying to avoid getting anything from overseas so I don't need to even think about customs. The ones I have found that are "local" are all sold out; it just makes me wonder how every place I turn doesn't have any for sale.

So the real question is: Are there any good soures to purchase a paeonifolius in the US at this time? Or am I going to have to keep my eye around and hope one crops up? I'm hoping there is as this is proving to be a slightly elusive plant (at least for me).

Thank you.
Aroid-L mailing list