Re: Philodendron x evansii - Origins in 1952

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron x evansii - Origins in 1952
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:56:59 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Arlan,

Aloha.  Another good read...I enjoyed the last edit.  Great investigative work.  Glad you included your references and used footnotes.

Harry Luther passed along a booklet written by Woodward Radcliffe and published by TFH Publications,1961, called,PHILODENDRON...IN THE GARDEN.

It has mistakes in identifications, but mentions Philodendron jungle gardens, Philodendron sao paulo, Philodendron ballengerii, and Philodendron lundi-selloum....all Meconostigmas in the bippinatifidum complex...all invalid names...but maybe you can find out esoteric information on these for historic purposes?