dracunulus vulgaris

  • Subject: dracunulus vulgaris
  • From: Karin Hoppe Holloway <karin.h.h@btinternet.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 10:35:46 +0100

Since no expert has responded, I will to the person asking why his two
bulbs aren't doing anything. I have a number of DVs, one mature bulb and
a number of young, little ones. All of them are dormant right now.
They're all in pots, outside, and I live in London. I cover the pots in
the winter and the DVs begin to grow far sooner than I expect. The soil
is just plain, ol' potting soil, from a bag. I do nothing special to my
DVs. This year I had the problem, tho, that the one that flowered
quickly rotted away as it never got pollinated, I suppose. Maybe because
it was the only flower? When it grew in the parking lot of Morrison's it
made berries, which is how I got all the little ones. But back then
there was another mature plant, which was subsequently dug up and
replaced by a recycling bin sign. That's why I rescued the remaining DV.
Maybe just pot up your bulbs and wait.
Karin Holloway
Aroid-L mailing list