Re: {Disarmed} Titan to bloom at Gustavus Adolphus College

  • Subject: Re: {Disarmed} Titan to bloom at Gustavus Adolphus College
  • From: "Brian O'Brien" <bobrien@gustavus.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 17:49:06 -0500

Thanks for posting this, Scott.  Yesterday the shoot revealed the spathe, so it's definitely an inflorescence.  We now estimate July 20 or so as the flowering time.

Here's my latest blog post and the webcam link (more photos will go up soon):

webcam:  http://gustavus.edu/biology/titanarum/

blog post:  http://arboretum.blog.gustavus.edu/2010/07/04/perry-the-corpse-flower-to-bloom-soon/

Brian