Re: unknown Alocasia

  • Subject: Re: unknown Alocasia
  • From: Alistair Hay <ajmhay@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:53:43 +1000

A. brisbanensis.

Alistair

From: m_giannakoulias@hotmail.com
To: aroid-l@www.gizmoworks.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 20:19:26 +0300
Subject: [Aroid-l] unknown Alocasia

Hello all,

this is an Alocasia sp. (I think) that some people grow together with A. odora. It seems not to be of horticultural origin, but probably brought by someone on a trip ages ago, since it can be found in old ladies houses.
It resembles A. odora, however it grows tall (with a trunk) faster, it's not as hardy (in Athens, Greece), and it's "finer" in appearance. Leaves rarely exceed 60cm in length (2 feet).
I would be gratefull if anyone knows what it is.

Thanks Marios