(Fwd) Araceae

Dear fellow aroiders,

Please help if you can.  This may be of interest to some of us, so please
also post your response to the list.  Many thanks.

Date:          Fri, 31 Jul 1998 16:48:11 +0200 (MET DST)
From:          Claire Piette <Claire.Piette@rug.ac.be>
To:            Zhu@mobot.org
Cc:            Claire.Piette@rug.ac.be
Subject:       Araceae

I'm a student of the university of Ghent (Belgium) and I'm preparing a
doctorate on the in vitro fertilisation of some Araceae. Could you tell me
if there is incompatibility in the genera of Spathiphyllum and Athurium.

Is it possible to have fertilisation in vivo between any species of
Spathiphyllum or Anthurium? Is it possible to have in vivo fertilisation
between Spathiphyllum and Anthurium? If there is incompatibility, which
kind is it: does it happen in the stigma, in the style,... or is there
embryo abortion after fertilisation?

If you are not familiar with this issue, do you know someone who can help
me? Can you give me his address?

I hope you can help me. Thanks a lot.

Claire Piette
Mortelputstraat 26