Dear aroiders,

  I need EXTRA-urgent help! As some of you already know, I am living in Sao
Paulo now, but my living collection is in Brasilia (more than 1000km far).I
use to check my dormant tubers once a month (seldom twice) to see if they
are up. They are usually kept in boxes in my closet, in my house in
Brasilia. For more than 4 years they are kept there and everything was
alright. This year I got some tubers in Brazilian Southern Amazonia
(Taccarum weddellianum, Dracontium ulei, some rare tuberous Xanthosoma, etc)
and placed them in the same place. Suddently, a white fungus started to grow
everywhere in my tubers. They are eating ALL my dormant plants, including
those very rare like Taccarum warmingii, Xanthosoma aff. eggersii, X.
platylobum, Asterostigma cryptostylum, A. lividum, Scaphispatha gracilis,
many morphospecies of Spathicarpa and many others. The fungus grows like a
white cotton, mainly in the top of the tubers. I am very affraid, because I
dont want to lose them.  I have never used fungicides like captan before,
because Brasilia is very dry during the dormancy season and it never
happened before. Please, is there any way to solve this and SAVE my plants?
All suggestions are welcome! It is new to me and I really don't know
anything about it.

                       Best wishes,

                   (a hopeless man from Brazil...)