Re: Help!!!!

At 5:09 PM -0500 7/14/99, Eduardo Goncalves wrote:
>Dear aroiders,
>
>  I need EXTRA-urgent help! Suddently, a white fungus started to grow
>everywhere in my tubers. They are eating ALL my dormant plants,  The
>fungus grows like a
>white cotton, mainly in the top of the tubers. I am very affraid, because I
>dont want to lose them.  I have never used fungicides like captan before,
>because Brasilia is very dry during the dormancy season and it never
>happened before. Please, is there any way to solve this and SAVE my plants?

Eduardo -

	Dusting the tubers with sulfur powder might be a solution, but I
don't know how accessible that might be, or whether it would cause any
damage itself (I don't think that it would).  I would recommend waiting to
see what other aroiders might suggest, but this is a possibility.

Jonathan Ertelt