Re: (Fwd) Re: A. titanum

>Can you tell me how to treat A. titanum seeds for the process of
>germination?  I was lucky enough to get ahold of one seed and I have
>it pressed into a fine seed starting mix that was watered thoroughly
>through first.  It's in a gallon pot and covered with plastic wrap
>perforated with holes. It's sitting on top of my refrigerator, steaming
>up a storm.  My worry of course is rot. Did you plant your seeds in a
>similar fashion?
>Can you give me some beginning instructions?  Too, providing it
>actually germinates, what is the next step (soil, pot size, water and
>feed needs).
>I would appreciate any help you can give me.
>
>Thank you,
>SueZ

Hi Sue,

I germinated many types of seeds including many aroids by placing the seeds
in a plastic zip-lock type bag with coarse, just barely moist sphagnum
moss.  This way, I can keep an eye of the germination process.

Regards further cultural info, I'll defer to others, except to say that
titanum seedlings do not seem to like any weather cooler than 60F.

Good Luck  (PS - how is the Anthurium halmoorei doing?)

Don

Don Martinson
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin (Milwaukee suburb)
USDA Zone 5 (-10 to -20F)