Re: Amorph. titanum at Huntington BG

Congratulations, Mark!
You should be very proud, and I hope Huntington has you listed as donor of the plant!
By the way, if you want to get rid of any other plants, you can toss them my way, teehee!
Susan

Susan Cooper
scooper@cooperpower.com

>>> Mark A. Dimmitt <markdim@azstarnet.com> 07/29 8:35 AM >>>
>I think they got their dormant tuber from Mark Dimmitt this last spring.

That is correct.  I posted to this group last year as to what to do when
such a plant outgrows one's greenhouse.  This was my solution.  If I had
known that it would flower instead of put out a new, larger leaf, I might
have kept it.  At least this way many more people will get to see it. (But
now I have an 8-hour drive to go see it, and only if it's on the weekend
when I can get away.)

I sowed the seed in June 1993, so it is exactly six years old.
Mark Dimmitt        Tucson, Arizona USA
Business e-mail: mdimmitt@desertmuseum.org