Re: Which back issues??

At 02:50 PM 6/12/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi Jack
>Sorry to cause you confusion when I hoped to help!

The fog in my little pea brain is starting to lift!  It is a struggle
  to get up to speed with a group of plants that I am not familiar
with.  Thanks for all your good information  *and* putting up with my
many remedial questions.

>Rhaphidophora (restricted to the old world tropics and defined by having
>fruits with many small starchy seeds)

>(restricted to the tropical Americas and defined by having fruits with few,
>largeish, starch-less seeds.

Ah.  OK  Got it.

>There are couple of books you should try to get. One is The Genera of
>Araceae by Mayo, Bogner & Boyce published in 1997.

Probably my next purchase (well, after next pay day)....

>Another book you should
>try to get is Deni Bown's Aroids - Plants of the Arum family, which is due
>to be published in a much expanded second edition in September this year.

Found that and have it on order.

>Naming plants to species is often quite a time consuming job and is hampered
>by most of the literature for the task being published for the scientific
>market in the form of revisions of genera. However, most of the folks
>writing the species-level revisons of Araceae are subscribers to aroid-l
>(Tom Croat, Wilbert Hetterscheid, myself) and often a request on the site
>will illicit replies from these folks.

Thanks again for the info.