A. titanum at Fullerton: A report

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: A. titanum at Fullerton: A report
  • From: Al Wootten <awootten@NRAO.EDU>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 16:47:24 -0500 (CDT)

My friend Mary visited Fullerton yesterday and she reports:
     " FYI: The Amorphophallus t. had a pretty wine-colored "skirt",
            its top was already drooping (apparently it reached peak flowering
            this AM), and it will be on KCAL News 9 this evening. I & a friend,
            got several photos in.  The smell was not bad at all--some
             botanists were collecting it in vacuum jars (for what purpose?),
              so, perhaps they managed to suck up most of the scent? When
              I did get a whiff, it was like some garbage that had been
             left out in the warm for a few days.... Good luck with catching
            the one in Atlanta.  The Fullerton one has a twin that is getting
           ready to bloom in a few more weeks, so, if you happen to be out
           here for the CSO TAC meeting.... maybe you could catch a whiff..."

Now all I have to do is get them to schedule the meeting for a time most likely
 to coincide with A. t. No. 2...I chose 28 July...

Clear skies,
| Alwyn  Wootten   (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)	 |
| Project Scientist, Atacama Large Millimeter Array/US   |
| Astronomer, National Radio Astronomy Observatory       |
| 520 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475, USA |
| (804)-296-0329 voice             Help us build The ALMA|
| (804)-296-0278 FAX               {>    {>    {>    {>  |