Introduction and hello...

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member of the list...

I have dabbled in collecting aroids since obtaining my first treasured
specimens from Dewey at a "Plant Affair" in Holiday Park several years ago.
The Philo 'Silver Cloud' and several others I got from him are among my
favorites to this day...a list of my current aroids is at the site where my
final plant home on the web will be:

(that's the aroid page, there's a text link at the top to the main
index...not all plant families are done, and clicking on underlined links
lead to the corresponding image files.  I also have some images at the sites
in my signature line.

Perhaps I'll get lucky enough to trade with other aroiders (most of my
collection is from internet trades; been a great way to add diverse plants).
Basically I'm here to finally get serious about the care & knowledge of this
diverse and fascinating plant family.  Which translates to "I'll be lurking
for awhile with my mouth shut" ;-)

Being lucky enough to live in South Florida everything is in the ground or
will be once I know it's requirements <g>.  It's nice to see these beauties
reach their potential as they reach for the sky on the nearest available
vertical support.

Of note I have a couple offsets of Homalomena wallisii available to trade
from a recent division; the stock plant was discovered buried among
dieffenbachia, (having been mistaken by the staff for one although it showed
no cane, totally different structure and grew only at ground level) The ID
is definite; verified in Exotica 2, and I was thrilled to get my paws on it.
Not sure if this is acceptable to mention here, please let me know if not.

It's a privilege to be in such good company here!  Thanks for having
me...and apologies for the length of this, I'm just quite excited to be here

Debbie Swartz (Zone 10 -- Fort Lauderdale)
My tropical plant images (many now available)