Re: FW: "accidental epiphyte"

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: FW: "accidental epiphyte"
  • From: StellrJ@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 21:23:40 -0500 (CDT)

In a message dated Sat, 17 Jun 2000 11:38:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Jody
Haynes <webmaster@plantapalm.com> writes:

<< Mark,
I have not personally witnessed any such "accidental epiphytic" aroid, but I
can refer you to a photo of such a cycad:
<http://www.plantapalm.com/vce/species/dioon_spinulosum.htm>. If this can
occur with the New World's largest cycad, I see no reason why this wouldn't
also happen with aroids.
Jody
--

I, too, would like to know if there is a term for this phenomenon.  In
Washington State, I have seen seedling English holly sprouted in the forks

Jason Hernandez
Naturalist-at-Large
Jody Haynes
Corresponding Secretary, Editor & Webmaster
Palm & Cycad Societies of Florida (PACSOF)
  Virtual Palm & Cycad Encyclopedias
  Website: <http://www.plantapalm.com>
              &
Seedbank Facilitator, Webmaster & List Owner
Azafady Madagascar Seedbank
  Website: <http://www.azafady.org>
  E-mail List: <madagascarseed@egroups.com>