Re: Amorphophallus abysiniccus

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus abysiniccus
  • From: "Don Bittel" <dbittel@treco.net>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:05:36 -0500 (CDT)

I can't help you on the dormancy thing, but I hope that you really have A.
abysiniccus. I bought 2 from guy wrinkle in calif. that turned out to be
Gonatopus species. They were bulbs that were round and wide on the bottom
and pointy on top, like a triangle or pyramid. they took a while to break
dormancy last summer, and had a very short leaf. but they had that knob or
knee in the stem that proved they were gonatopus and not the real thing. I
checked with guy and he said that they all looked like that.

Don Bittel