Re: amorpho T

  • Subject: Re: amorpho T
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 14:07:22 -0500 (CDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: brian williams <pugturd50@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Thursday, May 31, 2001 11:33 PM
Subject: amorpho T

Dear Brian,

Find out from your friend where or who sold him the big tuber---because
these are still rather scarce, we MAY be able to say if it is in fact a A.
titanum or something else.   He may have to wait for a bloom to be sure, as
quite a few BIG A. paeoniifolius tubers (20 lbs plus) have been known to
have been sold as A. titanum in the past!   Sometimes the petiole can tell
the tale, A. titanum has a smooth petiole, other species may be rough.

>>Hello! I have a friend who bought a very large tuber of an Amorphophallus
Titanium. He paid a bit for it and was wondering how can he tell what he has
is actually a Titanium instead of another species? I will try to get some
PICS. Any help would be great. THANKS