Re: More Synandrospadix
- Subject: Re: More Synandrospadix
- From: "Eduardo Goncalves" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:00:55 -0500 (CDT)
No, despite it is considered strongly toxic to mammals, it is usually
attacked by another parasites. My biggest tuber of Synandrospadix
vermitoxicus (approx. 15 cm in diameter, before the attack) were attacked by
an unknown primary agent during its dormancy (maybe nematodes, but I
couldnīt find the monsters), so it was followed by fungus, bacteriae and
even termites (believe me!), so it lost approximately 50% of its weight. Now
I think it isnīt lost (I scrapped the tubers, put them in a Temik solution
and sealed with fungicides). I only hope the the plant survive the chemical
attack! I have never seen a massive attack like this in a tuberous aroid, so
the poison is not so effective. Anyway, do not eat your tubers!
>Yes, but will they repel #!**%!!#@%ing nematodes?
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.