Re: Line breeding vs hybridization

  • Subject: Re: Line breeding vs hybridization
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:00:28 -0500 (CDT)

Mawnin' too Neil,

Trul...Thank you. Being fatigued is no excuse for expressing passions with
inadequate colour about principles one considers important.  I will try to
write more gently & even in green & white.... So, chaps & chappesses, if you
took anything as hurtful or offensive, I am sorry, it was not mean't...As I
have effused so often, you are a rare group of very benevolent and caring
people and friends with thankfully a huge variety of interesrts &
perspectives.  It has been great to be allowed into this group of so many
people colourfully sharing widely different feelings & thoughts so
helpfully.  It is to me a rare & rich dialogue.   And it is encouraging to
see three positive principles or more being thrown again into the arena.
First, enhancing respect for species & origin integrity & their continued
survival.  Secondly, encouraging pedigrees of advanced hybrids to be
documented. Thirdly, and a related profundity, that Man is a Custodian of
the heritage of biodiversity and that the new  "cultodiversity" should build
harmoniously and responsibly on the old.  I will continue my contributions
to the continuing jousts with as much jest as possible.

Lastly, again thank you for your efforts and enthusiasms as News Editor.  In
the past seven or so weeks even with the wonderful support & kindness of the
"News Team" I have realised what a challenge & onorous task the job was and

Best Wishes