Xanthosoma in Indonesia

  • Subject: Xanthosoma in Indonesia
  • From: "Michael Pascall" <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:44:02 -0500 (CDT)

A few years ago on a trip around Sulawesi , I saw many well tended patches
of X .sagittifolia .
They were usually in the front yard of the bamboo houses in many of the
small villages I passed through
and they were often over my 2m head !
I have grown this plant as a food crop also in subtropical Qld.But it did
not grow more than 1.5 m .
The yeild from 1 plant was amazing !
I filled a 20lt bucket with the small tubers , and had many small plants
also .