Re: aroids (?) in the news !

  • Subject: Re: aroids (?) in the news !
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 09:24:11 -0500 (CDT)

>obvious behaviour pattern for us should  be to enjoy the olfactory delights
>of our plants, but to avoid sucking on bits  of them. Derek

The only problem with this is that it seems that most do not enjoy the
olfactory delights of Amorphophallus <grin>.  Maybe the decide that as the
flower stinks then they have to try the sucking instead.

My largest Amorphophallus konjac has now gone dormant and is the size of a
large apple now.  Here's hoping that I get to enjoy some of those olfactory
delights in Spring!!!!

Paul Tyerman

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Cyclamen, Crocus,
Cyrtanthus, Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about anything
else that doesn't move!!!!!