Carl Ludwig Willdenow (1765-1812)

  • Subject: Carl Ludwig Willdenow (1765-1812)
  • From: Durightmm@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 21:31:04 -0500 (CDT)

A short time back his  name was mentioned as in A. willdenowii.  It caused me to research it because for years I was of the mistaken belief the name was Willdenov, and it has appeared as such.  Using search engine GOOGLE  I found several pages devoted to this talented man and offer it to those who have a like interest.   Originally trained as an apothecary he became a Medical Doctor and later a botanist.  Good solid reading.   Joe