Re: Observations on growing plants in bogs

  • Subject: Re: Observations on growing plants in bogs
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:32:39 -0500 (CDT)

Glad my comments on soil rotting in water etc, matched your experiences.
Always nice to have confirmation of these things <grin>.

>It is THE aroid book!    There are growers on the list that sometimes offer
>seed of some of these sps of Anthuriums, maybe you can obtain some seed
>through the mail and grow these treasures in Australia!    Some of your
>mates in Australia already have some species, and perhaps they could guide
>you in the direction of obtaining a few!
>Good luck and CHEERS!

I'd need to put another level on my house to grow them I'd hazad, given teh
apparent size of some of these.  I really do not have an indoor plant
friendly house unfortunately.  I grow a lot of stuff indoors udner lights,
but will not be expanding to large amounts of Anthuriums me thinks <big
grin>.  Might try to odd one or two though.

This list is definitely a big benefit for finding out about genera we
aren't familiar with, and of course finding sources of seed for rare little
beasties that we don't have (I have 4 happy little Amorphophallus lewallei
thanks to Wilbert, and two other cold-tolerant species powering along
thanks to someone else).  Wonderful people in these parts!!

Paul Tyerman

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Cyclamen, Crocus,
Cyrtanthus, Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about anything
else that doesn't move!!!!!