RE: What is this Amorphophallus?

  • Subject: RE: What is this Amorphophallus?
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:09:12 -0500 (CDT)

If you are referring to sp.2 this is probably a new and undescribed species.
I have a pretty large group of it but there seems to be a flower developing
right at this moment for the first time in 5 years. It is indeed a stunning
besuty with deep rich red leaf stalks, deep velvety green leaves with red
margins. The leaflets are very elegantsly lanceolate. In fact is is a
perfected version of Am. saururus. The tuber is very narrwoly elongate.

So some patience and we will know in a few weeks.

Cheerio,
Wilbert