RE: Am. longituberosus smell

  • Subject: RE: Am. longituberosus smell
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:27:58 -0500 (CDT)

I am still surprised by the eagerness to blame this on anything else but
your noses. I told you before that the chemical analysis of the scent is
nearly 100% anise-oil. This is a pure scientific result. Now those who don't
smell it obviously have a deficiency not those who do smell it. Of course,
one could restate this in politically correct terms "Everyone has a
different nose". Let's enjoy the diversity of noses. I for one can easily
discern when a longituberosus is flowering in the collection even if I
haven't seen it. The scent fills the enormous greenhouse totally. It's
rather enjoyable.

Lord Smellus