Re: [aroid-l] Plant Micropropagation

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Plant Micropropagation
  • From: Scott Hyndman hyndman@aroid.org
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:21:14 -0500

Leslie,

There is an introductory page on aroid tissue culture or
micropropagation at
http://www.aroid.org/horticulture/tculture.html. You can
also glean alot of useful information from the Plant-tc
listserv arhives available at
http://plant-tc.coafes.umn.edu/listserv/. I am not sure
what your skill level is, but a good book for beginners on
tissue culture that covers some of the commercially
important aroids in a general way is Plants from Test
Tubes: An Introduction to Micropropagation, Third Edition,
by Lydiane Kyte and John Kleyn
(http://www.timberpress.com/books/index.cfm?do=details&ID=240).

Good luck and keep your cultures clean,

Scott