Re: [aroid-l] Germinating titanium seeds

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Germinating titanium seeds
  • From: Ronmchatton@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:13:56 EDT

I have noticed a similar problem with corms developed from tissue culture  as
well as those produced from stem sections or cuttings.  The corms are  often
irregular in shape and growth is generally slower.  My first titanum  was from
tissue culture and it grew very slowly, putting up one leaf at a time  with a
dormant period  between them.  I thought at first it was  cultural but once
the corm got to be 2-3" across the growth rate increased  dramatically.  Since
then I've seen it in tissue cultured plants but the  seedlings are much more