[Aroid-l] ghost seedlings

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] ghost seedlings
  • From: "Michael Marcotrigiano" mmarcotr@email.smith.edu
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:58:58 -0400

I get white segregants from my Amorphophallus konjac 'Shattered Glass'. They live for about 3-6 months depending on the corm size but then they die out and when I dig them up there is no new corm.

for images read

and scroll down with the "nearly white" link to see pure white ones

Michael Marcotrigiano, Ph.D
Smith College
Lyman Conservatory, 15 College Lane
Northampton, MA 01063
email: mmarcotr@smith.edu
voice: 413-585-2741; fax: 413-585-2744
"Art is the unceasing effort to compete with
     the beauty of flowers and never succeeding."
          Marc Chagall

Aroid-l mailing list