Re: FW: Re: [Aroid-l]Reminder--Edible Aroids Talk Reminder-Talk onEdible Aro...

  • Subject: Re: FW: Re: [Aroid-l]Reminder--Edible Aroids Talk Reminder-Talk onEdible Aro...
  • From: Regferns@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:41:21 EDT

As soon as our secretary writes up the meeting minutes, I will post them on our Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society website.  However, let me say that Julius Boos IS a wonderful chef, and that our members were very impressed with his cooking skills, and his anecdotal stories about the "chubas" (aroid tubers) we consumed on Monday evening.  Julius prepared FIVE extraordinarily savory  dishes to feed approximately 40 people.  His Shepherd's Pie was the unofficial HIT of the evening.  Another favorite was his curried chicken with Xathosoma.
In the near future, I hope that many more Aroiders are able to sample some of these wonderful Trinidadian meals.  Julius Boos has truly taken us on a delicious trip from the garden to the kitchen -- a Good thing.
Reggie Whitehead
Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society
Aroid-l mailing list